Radical Agape Youths (RAYs) Ministry
The Radical Agape Youths (RAYs) ministry aims to train and raise a generation of youths to be gospel-centered to shine radically for Jesus. It seeks to lead all RAYs members to deepen their love for God and his Word, develop a biblical worldview and grow in holiness within a vibrant community of youths.
The anchor verse for the ministry is 1 Timothy 4:12 “Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.”
The 7 goals of RAYs:
- Biblically guided: “I let the Bible guide me in what I do, the decisions I make, and the opinions I form.”
- Theologically clear: “I can explain to people the character of God and what the gospel means.”
- Spiritually diligent: “I am not passive in deepening my relationship with God. I study the Bible, pray and use my gifts to serve in church regularly.”
- Evangelistically active: “I tell people around me the good news of how Jesus Christ had died on the Cross as our substitute to save us from God’s wrath against our sin.”
- Socially warm: “I don’t close myself up to anybody because that is rude and unloving. I connect readily with other Christians in church, and also treat non-Christians with love and respect.”
- Psychologically resilient: “I am not afraid of suffering. I know how to trust God and endure pain even when life gets tough.”
- Academically excellent: “I will do my best to excel in my studies in school to honour God.”
The RAYs meet weekly on Sundays at 2pm at the Attic (4th level) at Agape@Lavender.
If you are a youth (aged 13-20) and would like to join the RAYs ministry, please contact Pastor GL Wong at 62995560 or email@example.com.